The titled Action «REal-time ArtifiCial InTellIgence for BOrders Surveillance via RPAS data aNalytics to support Law Enforcement Agencies (REACTION)» is a Special Action of the Border Management and Visa Instrument (BMVI), in which Y.D.E.A.P. participates as a partner. The Coordinator of the Action is the Ministry of Immigration and Asylum, while the Cyprus Police, University Institutions and Research Organizations participate. The Action aims to strengthen pre-border situational awareness from all remote border areas (accessible or not), in order to achieve early recognition of critical incidents. The total budget of the action for both Member States (Greece and Cyprus) amounts to €3.9 million (European & national participation). Regarding the National Program of Greece for the Financial Support Instrument for Border Management and Visa Policy, a Call for Proposals (A.D.A.: 9ΠΝΣ46ΜΔΤΣΟ-3Ω8) has been issued by the competent Administrative Authority, with co-financed public expenditure of 3.056.000,00 €.
The expected results of the Action are:
- Purchase of equipment to improve the surveillance of the Greek and Cypriot borders as external borders of the EU.
- Knowledge of the potential use of artificial intelligence techniques and algorithms to obtain valuable intelligence related to illegal activities at the EU’s external borders.
- Interoperable connection and exchange of information with existing infrastructures as an extension of legacy systems.
- Conduct field exercises to evaluate the integration and performance of the border surveillance platform.
- Conduct a series of training activities for Law Enforcement and border agencies to familiarize them with the REACTION platform.